The term pizza was first recorded in the 10th century in a Latin manuscript from the Southern Italian town of Gaeta in Lazio.
- A person who makes pizza is known as a pizzaiolo.
- Cheese is fatty, meat toppings tend to be rich and the sauce is sweet which makes pizza special.
- Baker Raffaele Esposito from Naples is often given credit for making the first such pizza pie.
- A dish made typically of flattened bread dough spread with a savory mixture usually including tomatoes and cheese and often other toppings and baked defines pizza.
- Early English lexicographer John Florio enters pizza as “a small cake or wafer” in his historically important 1598 Italian-English dictionary.
- Pizza was originally called focaccia. A precursor of pizza was probably the focaccia, a flatbread known to the Romans as panis focacius.
10 Most Popular Types of Pizza Around the Country.
1. Cheese Pizza
2. Veggie Pizza
3. Meat Pizza
4. Pepperoni Pizza
5. Margherita Pizza
6. Hawaiian Pizza
7. BBQ Chicken Pizza
8. Buffalo Pizza
9. The Works Pizza
10. Supreme Pizza
- The oldest type of pizza is Margherita pizza.
- Pizza is full of umami, which means “delicious” in Japanese.
- Pizza was first called pie when Italian immigrants arrived in the United States in the late 1800s.
- The aroma of pizza is often described as cheesy, tomato-y, and slightly doughy.
- Highly processed foods like pizza, with added amounts of fat, refined carbohydrates, and salt, are most associated with behavioral indicators of addiction.
- In the Halloween season pizza is the most famous.
- Children from ages 2-19 are almost twice as likely to consume pizza than adults ages 20 years and over . Some 59% of Americans eat pizza at home.
- Norway eats pizza the more. Norwegians consume the most pizza in the world on a per-person ratio. They eat about 5 kg (11 lbs) of pizza each annually.