- Mangos are originated over 5,000 years ago in the Hindo-Berma region, which extends from eastern India and southern China across Southeast Asia.
- Around 300 A.D. mango seeds traveled from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa and South America.
- Cultivation of mangos moved westward with the spice trade.
- Portuguese traders discovered mangoes in india.
- The people who gave it the name manga or mango were the Portuguese.
Importance of mango
- It is a good source of folate, several B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, K, and E ( all of which may help boost immunity. )
- Mangoes are important in india because mango leaves are seen as a symbol of good luck .
- Mangoes are rich sources of vitamin A and vitamin C, which are good for our eyes and health
- Mangoes are also rich in vitamin E, zinc, iron, and calcium. Vitamin E is also good for our skin and calcium makes our bones stronger. Also, mangoes contain high fibre which is also good for our health.
- Mangoes are low in calories,Packed with nutrients, May help prevent diabetes, High in healthy plant compounds, Contains immune-boosting nutrients, Supports heart health, May improve digestive health, May support eye health.
Different types of mangoes in India
(i) Alphonso ( hapus )
(ii) Kesar ( queen of mangoes )
(i) Ripe mango recipe
- Mango lassi
- Mango milkshake
- Mango smoothie
- Mango raita
- Mango tea
- Mango chutney with coconut
- Mango salsa
(ii) Unripe mango recipe
- Mango pickle
- Kadumanga achar
- Mango rice
- Aam Panna
- Mango chutney
- Mamidikaya pappu
- Mango drumstick dal
- Aam ka murabba
- Mango salad
- Amchur powder
- Mango bhel